Welcome to Class 3
Our Class Teacher is Mr Leake, supported by Mrs Wilson. It is a pleasure to introduce you to class 3. We are a mixed Year 3 and Year 4 class. It is an exciting year for 3 as it is the transition from KS1 to lower KS2. Year 4 continue to develop their knowledge within the curriculum and prepare for upper KS2. Every child in our class is valued and we are full of kindness, respect and resilience.
Our topics this year are as follows (Cycle A):
- From the first Stone Age people to the end of the Roman occupation: how did Britain change?
- Why do so many people choose to go to the Mediterranean for their holidays?
- Why were the Ancient Greeks ruled by their gods?
- How did the Victorian period help to shape the County Durham we know today?
- Where in the UK is Durham? Why is the River Wear so important to Durham?
In the morning session, children are separated into phonics groups to match the ability of the children. After this, both English, Maths and Foundation Subjects are taught together. We are currently working in Cycle A.