What is Sport Premium?
Sport Premium is an amount of money which the government has agreed to allocate to schools. The funding amount schools receive is based upon the number of children of primary age the school has. The sport premium is to be used to improve PE provision and sports participation. Schools should strive to make improvements in these five areas:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
At Ferryhill Station Primary, we strive to promote healthy and active lifestyles and aim to provide sporting opportunities for all our pupils .
More information about how we spend our Sport Premium money to follow...